Did you know that just one dog can produce over 250 lbs of waste in a year? With that in mind, here are 7 reasons to pick up after your dog:
7. Stormwater carries pet waste and other pollutants directly into waterways. Animal waste adds nitrogen to the water. Excess nitrogen depletes the oxygen in water necessary for beneficial underwater grasses, wildlife, and fish.
6. Animal waste may contain harmful organisms such as Giardia, Salmonella and E. Coli that can be transmitted to humans and other animals by ingesting contaminated water.
5. Roundworms and hookworms deposited by infected animals can live in the soil for long periods of time and be transmitted to other animals and humans. It takes dog waste a long time to decompose.
4. It’s the law! Most communities require you to pick up after your pet. Some even provide courtesy poop bags and disposable bins for pet waste only. Even if there is no restriction, cleaning up after your pet is always the right thing to do.
3. It’s easy to clean up by carrying plastic baggies and paper towels in your pocket. The baggies can be secured and thrown away in the garbage.
2. No one likes to step in pet waste and spread it into homes and cars.
Sentry Management is a full-service community management company. Sentry’s business is the day-to-day operation of communities, homeowner associations, and condominiums. Sentry is accredited as an AMO® (Accredited Management Organization) by the Institute of Real Estate Management, providing an independent evaluation that Sentry has one of the highest operating and financial standards in the industry. View our full list of services here: http://www.sentrymgt.com/for-association-boards/services/.
We remain committed to serving you during this challenging time.Read More »
To provide safeguards for communities, we suggest conducting meetings online.Read More »
No matter where you live, there is a possibility that disaster may affect your community. Be prepared with this list.Read More »
CommunityPro® is an easy way to make payments, access association documents, view account history, stay informed and more.