Did you know that just one dog can produce over 250 lbs of waste in a year? With that in mind, here are 7 reasons to pick up after your dog:
7. Stormwater carries pet waste and other pollutants directly into waterways. Animal waste adds nitrogen to the water. Excess nitrogen depletes the oxygen in water necessary for beneficial underwater grasses, wildlife, and fish.
6. Animal waste may contain harmful organisms such as Giardia, Salmonella and E. Coli that can be transmitted to humans and other animals by ingesting contaminated water.
5. Roundworms and hookworms deposited by infected animals can live in the soil for long periods of time and be transmitted to other animals and humans. It takes dog waste a long time to decompose.
4. It’s the law! Most communities require you to pick up after your pet. Some even provide courtesy poop bags and disposable bins for pet waste only. Even if there is no restriction, cleaning up after your pet is always the right thing to do.
3. It’s easy to clean up by carrying plastic baggies and paper towels in your pocket. The baggies can be secured and thrown away in the garbage.
2. No one likes to step in pet waste and spread it into homes and cars.
Sentry Management is a full-service community management company. Sentry’s business is the day-to-day operation of communities, homeowner associations, and condominiums. Sentry is accredited as an AMO® (Accredited Management Organization) by the Institute of Real Estate Management, providing an independent evaluation that Sentry has one of the highest operating and financial standards in the industry. View our full list of services here: http://www.sentrymgt.com/for-association-boards/services/.
Our experience shows three practical techniques to create an effective meetingRead More »
Every community could be affected by a natural disaster and should have a Community Disaster plan in place.Read More »
Volunteer committees can serve an important role in effectively governing an Association.Read More »
CommunityPro® is an easy way to make payments, access association documents, view account history, stay informed and more.
The Community Builder is a bi-monthly newsletter to all Sentry Management Board Members. Sign up to Receive the “best of edition” every quarter.
In this issue: Start Planning Now for 2020 Budgets – use our checklist and tips to make sure your HOA board doesn’t get caught off guard.